How was your first week of praying daily for Mr. Husband? Here are a few more ideas of ways to incorporate prayer into your daily life:
- Text a prayer partner to say that you prayed for Mr. Husband today. Ask her how it’s going for her.
- Start a Google doc that you update with a written prayer for the first 5 minutes on your computer.
- Pick a daily routine activity (showering, washing dishes, driving to work, etc.) and designate that time to pray for Mr. Husband.
- Turn on some worship music, open your Bible and journal, and write out your prayers for at least 2 songs. You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to “get in the flow” once you get started!
Since we are covering the Spiritual, Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Social aspects of his life, this week we are going to focus on the Physical. Here are some potential prayer prompts for this next week:
- Energy and ability beyond his years to work with joy and excellence.
- A desire to offer his body is a “living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God” (Romans 12:1)
- Purity in his interactions with all women and treating them with respect and honor.
- To be actively accountable to other godly men regarding his sexuality.
- To steward well his health, strength, skills, and abilities to serve others for the glory of God
- Pray 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24 over him.
- Physical protection from attacks from the enemy. Safety in his travels and daily activities.
“Wealth and riches are in their houses, and their righteousness endures forever. Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.”
Psalm 112:3, NIV