Here we go, ladies! The discipline of praying for our men doesn’t have to be very complicated. It can be quite straightforward. If today is your Day 1 on this Husband Prayer Journey, then your Day 31 will be on Easter (April 20th)! Look for these weekly prayer prompts on Fridays here on the blog.
May I offer you a few tips?
- Listen to the Holy Spirit. Ask Him how He is leading you to pray.
- Pray according to the Bible, the living and active Word of God
- To stay focused, it’s helpful to write out or speak out loud your prayers.
- Start praying over a certain area and pour out your genuine heart to God.
We’ll be covering the Spiritual, Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Social aspects of his life. Here are some potential prayer prompts for this next week regarding the Spiritual:
- Daily intimacy with Jesus in the Word and in prayer
- Involved in a healthy, Bible-believing church where he can give and grow regularly
- Conviction of sin and regular confession and repentance in his life
- For him to become a Psalm 112 kind of man.
- A humble and teachable spirit while also growing in courage and boldness for the Lord
- Pray Colossians 1 over him.
- Spiritual wisdom and insight to grow as a man of God who loves the Lord with heart, mind, soul, and strength.
Praise the Lord. Blessed are those who fear the Lord, who find great delight in his commands. Their children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.
Psalm 112:1-2, NIV