Instead of giving you several ideas for ways to pray this week, we’re offering just one. We’ll keep it simple. Most importantly, we hope you connect with the Lord in an intimate way!
- We encourage you to write out your prayers every day this week. At the end of the week you might enjoy reading over the ways the Holy Spirit spoke to you and led you in prayer.
Let’s link arms in uplifting these men in prayer for the Emotional area this week:
- Healthy emotional boundaries with women so as to interact with them in a God-honoring manner not in a misleading or manipulative way.
- For the Lord to fill him with joy regardless of his circumstances (James 1:2-4).
- Mr. Husband to be “quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry” (James 1:19-21).
- To faithfully trust that God is able to do more than he can hope for or imagine, and to be at peace. Pray that Mr. Husband would not be anxious in circumstances but bring them to God instead (Philippians 4:6-7).
- For him to be secure in his identity in Christ and not try to prove his worth or legitimacy.
- Pray Psalm 91 over him.
- For Mr. Husband to, in a healthy and honoring way, “leave” his father and mother so that he would be prepared to “cleave” to his future bride (Ephesians 5:31, Genesis 2:24).
“Surely the righteous will never be shaken;
they will be remembered forever.
They will have no fear of bad news;
their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord...”
Psalm 112:6-7, NIV